[Press.Release] CSP Open House This Saturday- ATTENTION ASSIGNMENT EDITORS - A SPECIAL EVENT FOR COMMUNITY AND EVENTS PAGES

press.release at cdps-l.state.co.us press.release at cdps-l.state.co.us
Tue Sep 21 21:52:31 MDT 2010

Who:     Colonel James Wolfinbarger, Chief of the Colorado State Patrol

What:      Colorado State Patrol 75th Anniversary Open House

When:     Saturday, September 25, 2010    10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.

Where:    Colorado State Patrol Academy
                    15055 S. Golden Rd., Golden, CO 80401

Contact:   Sergeant John Hahn  303-961-2935

CSP OPEN HOUSE THIS SATURDAY TO CELEBRATE ITS 75TH ANNIVERSARY

This week the Colorado State Patrol (CSP) will celebrate its 75th Anniversary with a public open house on Saturday, September 23, 2010.  This free, family-friendly event is open to the public and will include a display of CSP vehicles and equipment highlighting the diverse mission of the organization.  The festivities will also include demonstrations throughout the day performed by the a car show including over 60 vehicles, a police motorcycle demonstration/competition hosted by the Blue Knights and police K-9 demonstrations performed by the CSP K-9 unit.

Citizens will also be able to tour the CSP Academy which has served as the training center for our troopers for the past 75 years.  The facility also plays host the CSP museum containing a wide variety of historical items and Patrol memorabilia.

Come join the members of the Colorado State Patrol as we celebrate 75 years of dedicated service to the citizens of Colorado.

Members of the media are welcome as there will be a host of interview and photo opportunities.

Sergeant John Hahn
Public Affairs Unit
Colorado State Patrol Headquarters
Ofc. 303-239-4500